View Single Post
Old 11-24-20, 09:21 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4513 Post(s)
Liked 6,388 Times in 3,673 Posts
Originally Posted by Kilroy1988
I want a B17 Imperial with chrome rails for a current build. I was not a fan of the Team Pro when I had them - I bought, very slightly used and then sold two of them. If I'm not mistaken one even went to merziac rather recently?

The fact that the B17 Standard has only had black rails as an option for a while now seems like the real sin... That's the bread-and-butter model and the black rails look ungodly with so many classic color combinations that undoubtedly include chrome or polished alloys.

I can't say I'll miss this model much, except that it makes me wonder what will get cut next.

-Gregory
Exactly this, the road to H**L.

Not me, I don't think, no team Pro's from here and not enough in general even though I somewhat agree that they are stiff and uncomfortable.

I have a couple that work just fine, the old open nose ones seem to be ok since they are 30? years old and broken in by time if nothing else.

The aesthetic is the thing, chrome rails, no bag loops, big rivets or not, when you see one you automatically know it may be attached to something old, cool, b*****n or all of the above.