View Single Post
Old 06-23-21, 02:48 AM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18378 Post(s)
Liked 4,512 Times in 3,354 Posts
Originally Posted by canklecat
Looks like most sports writers are siding with Houlihan against WADA. For good reason. The testing is flawed, and the sanctions are unreasonable career-killers.
I'm seeing a lot of mixed opinions with respect to this. And, now that she missed the Olympic Trials, the damage is already done.

The most common opinion is that injectable Nandrolone likely would have have shown up in much higher amounts, and in more than a single sample. Thus it gets back to something she ate, either intentional or otherwise, and likely wasn't particularly effective as a performance enhancer.

Does anybody know the concentration that she was found to have along with comparative data?

As far as I can tell, this was also from a urine sample which has the same issues that Froome had. I believe they're going by an absolute concentration in the urine, rather than adjusting for the urine concentration. So, if the urine sample is highly concentrated for one reason or another, it would give an artificially high reading. This is also a reason diuretics are banned, not as a performance enhancing method, but by altering urine concentration.

If it is true that she was in a group that ordered several burritos, some with offal, and some without... Then perhaps she should be guilty just for being around the offal just like a cyclist can be guilty for having an E-Bike in their pit, whether or not they actually rode it.