Old 03-09-22, 02:13 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by DLBroox
I’m really sorry I opened this can of worms. I think it’s great that Bike Friday designs and builds their own stuff. But in the end I couldn’t rationalize paying two thousand dollars for a bike. I’m a high school teacher trying to survive on a daily basis in a really f’d up situation thanks to the pandemic and this Lotus is affordable and will bring me joy. It also helps some guy scratching out his own living here in the states. So whether he’s designing or just building them I really don’t care.

So carry on with your autopsy of my comment about supporting a small business. I’m leaving the party. Turn the lights out and lock the door when you leave. See ya.
For me, the frustration is more that bike manufacturing has moved out of the US pretty much and so there is little competition so prices are high. I'd love to see some US based moderate priced bikes made here or moderate priced components (Paul Comp. are wonderful but cost a small fortune). We definitely need bikes at all prices. I would not have spent the $$$ on BF when I was working and younger - too many other financial needs. Imo opinion the steel Swift is a GREAT bike for the $.. I almost bought one (but wanted a. lower step over). I hope they can bring them back; I suspect they will be huge sellers!
Likes For linberl: