Old 07-27-22, 06:02 AM
GadgetGirlIL

Bikes: 2003 Litespeed Vortex, 2017 All-City Mr. Pink, ~1997 Trek Multitrack 700

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
Tourist, he mentioned that he has used this bike with two small rear panniers, so he's got that covered.

In the end, it comes down to how much you want to spend on various carrying methods, and then of course how much you want to spend on lightweight gear ---which really gets you into a rabbit hole of choices and expenses and trying to evaluate what you need for different conditions-- which can be tricky if new to things.

But we will started out new to things, so you'll figure it out, or you won't.
So true about the rabbit hole of choices! My husband has found it very entertaining watching me get everything configured. Some purchases ended up being returned - the first couple of frame bags did not fit properly. Then when I found one that fit, I had to change out my water bottle cages to be side-loading. I also bought some adapters to let me have them sit lower so they would clear the frame bag.

I think I finally have everything dialed in now. Doing an overnight trip this weekend before I do a 7 day trip next month. I refuse to add up how much all the gear has cost me. I still figure it is cheaper than therapy