View Single Post
Old 07-27-22, 06:55 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2740 Post(s)
Liked 974 Times in 797 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
A friend of mine used a fanny pack for all of his multi-hour day rides, he did not want to have a rack on his Trek 520.

I however do not want to wear any packs on a bike. I did White Rim trail several years ago with several friends that all wore backpacks. I however had a small Carradice saddle bag and handlebar bag on my bke. This was a truck supported trip where all we had to carry each day was our water and lunch.

I have friends that do not even want to have a pump on their bike, they carry a small pump in a jersey pocket.

Hiking, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, fanny pack is the way I prefer. We all have our eccentricities.
I guess until I try a fanny pack riding, I'll never really know, but from never having things on my back or hips riding, I suspect I won't like the weight and or movement that would be felt with moving around on the bike--movement that decades of riding has me used to the feel of nothing there....

guess I'll just have to grab the fanny pack and try it one day with different weights and objects in it to really see......