Thread: Peugeot PSN 10
View Single Post
Old 06-13-21, 04:08 PM
skolla1

Bikes: Peugeot PSN 10 Mont-Cenis, Specialized Tarmac Disc Pro Di2 Carbon, Specialized Allez Compact, Specialized Diverge Comp Carbon, Specialized StumpJumper FSR 27.5 Alloy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Done and thanks again. I also included some other views. I forgot to mention that the bike was marketed as Mont-Cenis and this kind of confounded the dating as it was reported through Peugeot Catalogs (US) that 1986 the term Mont-Cenis was used for PSN 10 but in 1985 it was not. The catalog (US) for 1985 is most like the bike (colors) I have. My bike "guy" who has been putting bikes/restoring together since 1971 was able to date the serial number (located on the nondriver side frame to October 1985. The bike I had in 1986 did not have Mont-Cenis on it. For a bit of history, the last time Mont-Cenis was used in the Tour de France was in 1992 étape 13 - St Gervais-Sestrières, which featured the major climbs: Saises, Cormet de Roseland, Iseran, Mont-Cenis, and Sestrier. Interestingly enough, my parents lived in Pau, France in 1992 and from their apartment balcony, I was able to see the 2nd and 3rd stage of the Tour from their apartment balcony. I saw the 13th stage on TV. Miguel Indurain won the GC that year. Claudio Chiapucci won stage 13, featuring Mont Cenis (supposed to be one of the best stages in Tour history). Trivia