Thread: Peugeot PSN 10
View Single Post
Old 06-14-21, 06:10 PM
skolla1

Bikes: Peugeot PSN 10 Mont-Cenis, Specialized Tarmac Disc Pro Di2 Carbon, Specialized Allez Compact, Specialized Diverge Comp Carbon, Specialized StumpJumper FSR 27.5 Alloy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Some very nice bikes in the posts above.Sorry would have responded to all the neat responses sooner but as a new member I am limited to 5 post/24h.My bike guy ( owner of Yellow Jersey Arlington WI), who has been in the bike business since 1971 and over the years assembled/repaired or restored a ton of Peugeots including PSN 10s, specifically tells me that on his lookup of the serial number found on the non-drivetrain side of the bike the dates to October 1985.The box the bike came in from the “factory” had handwritten on it “1986”.Looking at online catalogs: in 1985, there is a version of the PSN 10 which is like mine (color scheme) but the components in the description were not quite the same.In 1986, the PSN 10 took on the name Mont-Cenis, but the color scheme of the bike (primarily yellow) was not the same, but the components on the bike match.In 1987 the catalog shows the bike in my color scheme and with matched components.I am not too concerned exactly which year it is, but the bike I had in 1986, did not have Mont-Cenis on it and was the same color scheme as the bike I have today.I have included the image from 1987 catalog in my gallery and will require a “PIC assist” from one of the more senior members of the forum. (have to get to 10 posts before pics allowed). The image goes over the bike components in detail as well as the geometry of the frame.

As for cost: bike was 900 + 125 shipping $200 for upgrades (Brooks saddle, Brooks bar tape, Modolo black anatomical brake hoods; Specialized toe straps, Black Modolo brake cables, etc). my indulgence to go down memory lane. Certainly not the most I have paid for an indulgence or a trip down memory lane

Last edited by skolla1; 06-14-21 at 08:04 PM.