Old 12-18-21, 07:59 AM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 769 Post(s)
Liked 1,748 Times in 1,017 Posts
Originally Posted by dgrhddan
hi guys and girls
My partner bought me a bike as a gift and im worried my weight will break or effect the bikes parts, the main reason i wanted a bike was to loose weight
i contacted the shop and they said the bike should be able to hold up to 20 stone and i am 23 stone so the question is should i return the bike and look for another one? the specs of the bike are below

Frame: 6061 heat treated aluminium
Fork: 63mm travel SR Suntour SF20-NEX -RS 700C w/preload adjuster
Front Derailleur: Shimano FD-TX800-TS6
Rear Derailleur: Shimano RD-TX800
Shifters: Shimano Altus SL-M315
Speed: 24
Crankset: 48T/38T/28T alloy crankset w/ 73-122mm bottom bracket
Cassette: 11-32T 8 speed cassette
Chain: KMC Z-8.3 8 speed chain
Brakes: Clarks Cloud hydraulic disc brakes
Tyres: WTB Nano Comp 700x40C
Pedals: Included

thanks for any advice in Advance
Should be fine, as someone that started out at 375 lbs, I rode a Trek 7300 and the wheels held up fine, but I did have to get them trued often and I did break a spoke or two, but not a huge ordeal. I ended up getting a stronger wheelset made down the road, but I ended up losing over 175 riding my bike. Congrats and good luck. Check out the Clydesdale forum, lots a great info there for the larger rider.

This was the original bike I started riding on, but after I rebuilt it and converted to a commuter. After I had about 4000 miles on it, I had these wheels built and put another 8000 miles on this bike until I sold it to a kid that needed some transportation.