View Single Post
Old 12-31-21, 09:43 AM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,314 Times in 707 Posts
Originally Posted by retrodude
Pretty great riding eh? I'd love to ride there again, I imagine things have changed a bit in 30 years though . We did a loop that involved starting on the east side of the Bow river and heading north to downtown Calgary, cut through the city toward Glenmore reservoir and work our way back to the SE. Was a great city to grow up in. I love it just as much as Vancouver for sure!
Sorry for the late reply. I forgot about this.

Calgary and area is pretty cool for an outdoor lifestyle. I could live there again easily. Just the other day I pulled out my XC skis because of all the snow, which around here is a rare event. Used to love doing it all the time in the foothills. They even tore out the weir downtown and put in a white water kayak course... in the downtown area! People river surf and we paddle boarded the Bow several times last summer... always something to do.

But... I do like the mtbing on the west coast better, especially when combined with some areas in the interior like Merritt and Kamloops. You just don't get those long gravity runs out there. I live on a mountain in the valley and we have a pretty well developed trail system 5 minutes ride away.

Ps. You should email Tom Ritchey and show him a picture of your rebuild. It's an early era model and you have done a great job with it. He would probably think it's cool.

Last edited by Happy Feet; 12-31-21 at 09:59 AM.