Old 11-19-22, 10:50 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 3,958 Times in 2,646 Posts
Originally Posted by IAmSam
That's it - Efneo. It does seem like they recommend against using it with a fixed wheel - wonder why? But thanks for the Schlumpf mention - I had forgotten all about them and I am pretty sure that at least one of their drives was rejiggered and will work with fixed. Normally I'd goggle it to make sure but I don't want to fall into a multi-fixed rabbit hole, again.

Good luck - ride safe...
Probably most of that stuff isn't designed for the forces going through it when I backpedal and it says nope probably most internal systems don't like it much. Even me a fairly careful fixed gear rider who doesn't skid to stop and has brakes there are instances where I find myself attempting to coast and well you can't do that fixed as we know.

There is possibility this stuff could work but probably not well and maybe not for a long period of time, they have to think about their product and liability as well. If they say yeah go for it and you do and it sucks and maybe it wasn't the products fault you will still say "x system sucked" and that is not good for business even if people won't look into further and realize it just wasn't meant for it.