View Single Post
Old 09-06-22, 03:43 PM
Sactown_Albert 

Bikes: 2017 Sage Skyline, 2015 Co-Motion Periscope Tandem, 2012 Soma Smoothie, 2006 Kona Jake, 1978 Richard Sachs, 1977 Peugeot UO18c, 1977 Peugeot PRN10, 1974 Allegro Schweitzermeister Model 76, 1972 Hugo Rickert Spezial, 1971 Fuji Finest

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked 622 Times in 197 Posts
Making a Peugeot PRN10 into a Randonneuring Bike

I have this 1977 frame that was in good structural shape but had really ratty paint and rough chrome. Made the decision to have it media blasted and powder coated in a close match to the original red. Externally applied UV coated decals from Cyclomondo. Going to build it up with 1st generation Shimano Dura Ace derailleurs. While I have the DA down tube shifters, I will likely use Sun Tour bar end shifters. The rear is a Crane that easily takes a 32 tooth freewheel. Still deciding on whether I should put a triple up front or stick with the original Stronglight crank. Going to dress it in fenders, a constructour rack in the back and a portour rack in the front to hold a small Randonneuring bag. Trying to decide on whether I should use a set of Phillippe swept back bars for a more upright position or stick with drop bars.

BTW, I deliberately installed the tabs at the top of the seatstays with the black above the Tricolore. This is technically upside down when you look at catalog images. The original design is at odds with flag protocol because when you display the French flag vertically, the blue is supposed to be at the top. Since I am not going for a historical representation of the bike, I decided to give primacy to more general flag display protocols.
Likes For Sactown_Albert: