Thread: Totally Tubular
View Single Post
Old 10-07-22, 06:53 AM
kunsunoke 
spondylitis.org

Bikes: '84 Colnago Super; '90 Bridgestone MB-1; '81 Trek 930; '01 Cinelli Supercorsa; '62 Ideor Asso; '87 Tommasini Super Prestige; '13 Lynskey R2300; '84 Serotta Nova Special; '94 Litespeed Catalyst; etc.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 63 Posts
PSA - Tires to avoid - Panaracer Race C Evo3 26mm

Panaracer Race C Evo3 26mm at Bike Recyclery

Don't buy these. There's been another post about them in this thread already, and (admittedly) the price is tempting - but it's clear from the blowout price that Panaracer realizes it had an issue. Bike Recyclery isn't likely to refund you if they fail.

I tried to use a pair of these for the Colnago, and was rewarded with a loud "bang" after about two miles of normal riding on a flat section near my home. Closer inspection indicated that the sidewall casing blew out on one of the two tires, just at the seam between the tread and the sidewall. That's never happened with any tubular tire I've ever used. The rear tire is holding (for now) but I cannot trust that there won't be another issue, and I'm loathe to get stuck out in the boonies again. I'm also concerned about what might happen if something similar happens during a downhill.
Likes For kunsunoke: