View Single Post
Old 05-13-16, 01:29 PM
ricohman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by deapee
OUCH! Yep -- one thing I've learned is bruises travel DOWN. I wouldn't be surprised if you had some bruising in your foot in all honesty.

You're up and standing so that's great, keep moving as much as you can...walk as much as you can. Walking is such a simple movement people don't realize, but we can literally sustain our lower body's muscles (or rebuild them after an injury) with just walking alone -- spend 2 months not walking and you'll know exactly what I mean by that.

You'll know when it's time...and the good news is that the bike is much easier on soft tissues and lower impact than running or just about any other cardiovascular activity (except swimming, although that can be tough for people with shoulder issues).
I think I'm going to do exactly that. I can't run but I can walk a bit. Tonight when the wife comes home I will ask if she wants to go for a bit of a walk. Maybe start with a couple km.
She will probably think its the drugs or head injury making me ask her as I'm usually riding.