Old 06-21-20, 08:50 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Bike Gloves alternative[
Originally Posted by CanadianBiker32
Just wondering if anyone figure an alternative to cycling gloves?

Anyone find anything good from hardware stores that work just as good or better and are lesser price? thanks
Originally Posted by Ross520
There's a huge variety of purpose-made cycling gloves out there, some at extremely affordable prices...

It's perplexing to me why you can't just select something that's readily available and tailored for your application
Originally Posted by fietsbob
purpose? just so your hands are warm or so you don't have to pick gravel out of the palm of your hand when you fall off..?
Originally Posted by Leebo
Wipe snots, grip when hands are sweaty or wet. Padding for comfort too
Originally Posted by AdkMtnMonster
I would never, EVER wave back at a bike rider that was wearing hardware store gloves. But I have droped hamers at various hardware stores...
Originally Posted by tomato coupe
Riding without gloves is a cheap alternative.
Originally Posted by AdkMtnMonster
No glove, no love.
I have previously posted:
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Originally Posted by linberl
Lol, I thought I was getting a rash of odd age spots on my hands until I realized it was the sun through my crochet gloves! And there's this rectangular strip above the velcro. Not sure what I'll do - I find the stretchy ones too hot in the summer.
I seek out those tan lines
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
I always wear gloves,especially on sunny days to acquire a distinctive, classic cyclist’s tan. In particular I wear gloves with a crocheted back for that“reticulated”tanning pattern, with the strap line.

It’s a variation of Rule #7 of the Velominati,
Tanlines should be cultivated and kept razor sharp.
I was once asked if I am a golfer from that pattern, but I think golfers only wear a glove on one hand.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 06-22-20 at 04:19 AM. Reason: added quote by Leebo