Old 07-30-21, 08:06 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4409 Post(s)
Liked 4,052 Times in 2,702 Posts
Originally Posted by jay4usc
the problem with LBS they have very limited SS/Fixed Gear bikes for sale. I live in Southern California and most big LBS here only sell Pure Fix or State bikes. You have to buy online to buy a decent quality SS/FX bike.
If you want quality you just gotta build yourself, most shops have accounts with vendors who sell frames or companies that make frames or could get set up with them and you can build a pretty quality bike after that. We have done this a bunch but one that I recall in the fixed gear category was a nice Cinelli aluminum frame that we kitted out with Dura Ace 7600 Track and some other nice stuff I want to say we did Zipp Vuka Alumina Basebars because I love those and helped him get it set up. Certainly he had a bling set up but you can still make something nice for a bit less.