KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
Not overweight, but no healthy

Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel
Everything is bad for you fruit juice to chronic cardio. So I just don’t care. I try to eat sensible and get regular exercise from mainly cycling and hiking.
Its the old adage "in moderation" that should apply here. Yes, anything -- even what's considered healthy and good for you -- can be bad for you in excess. Even too much exercise or exercising too frequently can do more harm than good.

I used to drink fruit juices instead of water. Sugar is and has always been my weakness. Even though my genetics protected me from obesity, that still does not mean someone is in good health. To reduce my consumption of sugar, I first cut my intake in half, then half again.

Last week I reduced it by 1/2 again. After that, I lowered my serving size by 1/2 so I'm down to 1/16 the sugar I used to consume daily. I still have a craving for sugar (mine didn't go away like some people claim), so I suspect it will always be a constant battle. Nevertheless, so Jack won't be totally dull, I give myself a treat of coffee w/sugar or a serving of fruit juice once a week.