Old 01-09-23, 12:43 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4743 Post(s)
Liked 3,860 Times in 2,509 Posts
I saw the title and thought "twitchy" like the Fuji Professional I raced in the '70s with its 75 degree head angle and same fork rake of its smaller sisters. The bike that was very nervous reaching for the DT shifters first weeks every spring.

I came to love that twitchiness for that bike, a pure race bike with no other aspirations. That bike found its way through many crashes. And I learned early on I could trust it completely. A month after I got it I did an unplanned jump off a frost heave I didn't see (misted glasses) until it was maybe 30 feet away and I was going well over 50. Backside of Smuggler's Notch.) A seatpost bending kick in the butt. Bike came down exactly straight. Round wheels. "A keeper!"

And edit, not related to this thread but kinda fun - my winnings that race? A Zeus seatpost to replace the bent one! Yes, a good bike, good heart,

All the bikes I've had any say about has had a small level of twitch since. Some quite a bit. (Peter Mooney made all the steering calls on my namesake and it is just pure classic.)

Isn't twitch associated with the use of a street drug?

Last edited by 79pmooney; 01-09-23 at 02:09 PM.