Old 02-01-23, 10:20 AM
jadmt

Bikes: Handsome xoxo, Serotta atx, Canyon Endurace CF8

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 904 Post(s)
Liked 1,897 Times in 849 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
jadmt You look fine. Is there an issue you are having that you think saddle position might cure? Me, I'd just move it around in small increments till it felt better or I decide it's not the saddle position or tilt.

Might could go higher on the saddle. But others might think you look too high. Always hard for me to tell from a video or pic only with no other information from the person. Any knee pain or annoyances front or back. Or in the quads?

I set the distance of my saddle from the top of the pedal when furthest away from where I sit on the saddle. And that usually winds up being 109% of my inseam when I am riding hard during the spring, summer and into fall. Winter months I might lower it a ½ inch to maybe 1 inch when I'm not riding as frequently or as hard.

If we go back to just the fore and aft positioning. Then that's a compromise you have to decide on ultimately. You'll usually produce more power into the pedals as you move your butt further forward. But that's going to put more weight on your wrists, arms and shoulders. So you want to find out what you can tolerate comfortably for the amount of time you ride.

Other things might help you be more comfortable with more weight on your bars. But it takes time to figure out.

And if where you want your saddle puts the clamp very near the front or rear position on the rails, then I'd consider getting a seat post wit a different setback to get that clamp more in the middle of the rails. Just to keeps stresses from breaking the rails and creating a bad situation at a bad time during your best ride ever.
Thanks, No issues with knees or comfort just wanting to make sure I am not overlooking any glaring issues. Not racing but I like to push myself and more interested in spending 4 or 5 hours in the saddle riding 16-20mph. thanks .