Old 10-24-22, 12:43 PM
WouterO

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito CV Disc Potenza, Van Nicholas Rowtag Ekar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jaxgtr
Looking for anyone that lives in a flat area that is running a 1X setup on their road bike. What are\were your experience, how long have you been running it\run it, and are you happy with it, if not, why.

I have a bike I would like to update the drive train on, and before putting a 2x system on it, I started thinking about going with a SRAM AXS Force 1x setup. I have no climbing outside of a bridge here and there and rarely ever touch the small chainring. If you are using something like this, what chainring size and cassette size are you running. I am looking at a 44 or 46 chainring with a 10-33 cassette.
I am living in the Netherlands (flat), and Iīve been using Campagnolo's Ekar group for a lot of road cycling over the last year on my adventure/winter bike. It has a 38T front chainring and a 9-42 cassette, giving me plenty range on the top and the low end, and the steps between the gears are sufficiently small. No regrets, it has about the same range as my other 2x11 road bike, but it's simpler, lighter, the chain doesnīt run off the chainrings every now and then. If I didnīt take this bicycle on bikepacking trips as well, Iīd probably install a 40T or a 42T chainring instead.