Old 10-28-22, 07:47 PM
RossRoss

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by 70sSanO
From what I can tell both hubs take a freewheel not a cassette.
My advice is to ride the new bike as is and set the old wheels aside to make the change down the road. When the current tires need to be replaced you can decide if you want to make the change then.
And you may like the new wheels equally as the old ones.
John
Thank you all for your input. As 70sSanO suggested that's what I'm going to do and I'll do it at a bike shop with all needed tune up. I don't dislike the new bike wheels, I just wanted to keep using the old wheels because they are fine and there is still a lot of life in them and keep the new wheels nice and shiny for replacement down the road. I can do that with the front wheel because it fits without a problem and for the rear wheel I'll just use the tire from the old bike because I think those tires are better - they are puncture free and relatively new. They are Schwalbe Marathon Plus Wire 700 x 38c and I'm very happy with them. The original tires of my old bike got flat very often from broken glass on the roads and with Schwalbe I never got a flat tire and they feel more stable in situations like crossing rails of street cars - my old tires used to get stuck sometimes in the rails and once I even fell. I don't know how good the tires from the new bike are, they look good but it doesn't say puncture free they are Kenda dual-terrain, 700x40c. Interestingly they are 40 but look a lot narrower than the 38 Schwalbe.

As always your input is greatly appreciated

Last edited by RossRoss; 10-28-22 at 07:57 PM.
Likes For RossRoss: