Old 09-28-22, 08:49 PM
Cramic

Bikes: Giant TCR Pro Disk 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by nick_a
If you blow a snot cloud into the world and no one's there to witness it, is it still gross? In my opinion, yes.

This guy witnessed it and called you on it, but somehow there's a debate about whether or not he "should have been there", which is a bit victim shame-y to me. I mean, he did end up riding through your snot, whether you meant to hit him or not, or whether he notified you of his presence or not.
I agree to an extent! I agree it’s gross, but it seems to be fairly common practice and there’s article upon article telling you how to do it, even in Canada (I don’t know if my never-visited view of Canada is accurate!). I know because I looked before posting this. I was, before cycling, a reasonable amateur runner and, I can tell you, pretty much everybody does it.

And I also agree, and said in the op, that I felt bad and will actually endeavour to check more thoroughly in future.

But he only got it because he was drafting unannounced and I didn’t see him because he was so close. In your opinion does he share no responsibility?

I don’t know, if I put myself on the wheel of another cyclist I wouldn’t expect him to know I was there and I’d take the risk of being hit with a snot rocket. I wouldn’t expect all benefit.

Are you saying he should take no responsibility?