View Single Post
Old 11-16-21, 07:04 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4433 Post(s)
Liked 4,079 Times in 2,719 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
The RD and FD are late 80s early 90s. Wonky half STI shifting indicates it was either partially updated to STI rear shifting or partially downgraded due to component breaking. The crankset is high quality.
Its a mish-mash of really nice drivetrain components.

And as another poster said- that thing has been ridden a lot more than a few hundred miles. It really should have a full overhaul and cleaning. It should at least have a degreasing and cleaned. That is a lot of grime from only a few hundred miles.
Unicrown fork- 86 or later?
Horizontal dropouts- 80s.

ETA- the seat cluster looks 80s as I do know an early 90s Allez used seat stay plugs for at least one year and I would assume more.
Keep in mind Lance Armstrong and other racers of the era did sometimes use STI on the right and downtube for the left to save weight when getting to the UCI minimum was a little harder. Unlikely that Specialized did that on a production bike but the bike could have been used in competition?

I do agree it should be overhauled the bike could use some love, it has great parts Tricolor and 7400 on a decent frame so hopefully it can be made relatively new again,
Likes For veganbikes: