Old 01-07-22, 06:35 AM
thook
(rhymes with spook)

Bikes: '83 univega gran turismo x2, '85 schwinn super le tour,'89 miyata triple cross, '91 GT tequesta, '90 yokota grizzly peak, '94 GT backwoods, '95'ish scott tampico, '98 bonty privateer, '93 mongoose crossway 625, '98 parkpre ariel, 2k'ish giant fcr3

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 919 Post(s)
Liked 745 Times in 546 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
Genuine Problem Solvers Travel Agents are alive and well. I just got a pair from Modern Bike. I had been on their 'notify when back in stock' list. I was kind of skeeved by the low price of the Litepro units and also the janky way they sell them under a half dozen other brand names. Someone mentioned using TA's as a low friction noodle but this only works with the actual doubling mechanism bypassed. Used as designed they introduce rather more friction than less. Since we are geeking out on the subject here, how many know that TA's came in an inline version? The friction from these was so bad I had to invent a brake booster for the Avid BB7's as can be seen here.
do you mean that by the very nature of changing the pull ratio they consequently introduce more friction?