View Single Post
Old 02-19-23, 04:57 AM
pakeboi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by M1T
When I decided to try out bike touring, like many, I started with road touring on a road touring bike. Which led to exploring touring videos on YouTube. My first "Subscribe" 7 years ago was to Darren Alff of Bicycle Touring Pro. I eventually found Forestry Forest / Simon Lambert which suited the style I was gravitating towards. Ihoan came next (most will know his story, but if not, check him out). There are certainly others to view like The Path Less Pedaled (some touring, but mostly reviews) and Cycling About with one of my favorites, Alee Denham.

All that said, if I had to pick just one favorite, I couldn't! Simon at Forestry Forest and Iohan Gueorguive of the "See the World" series are both just too good. Simon, although he gravitated away from his excellent cycling videos to Van Life, is still worth viewing to get ideas and inspiration (1 video every 10 days vs a cycling video which takes months to properly plan, film, and edit). His "Going East Across the West" is still my all time favorite touring episode. Has a slightly better production talent in my opinion, but Iohan's video's take us to unimaginable places and situations. Both are what I'd consider hardcore.

Who is your favorite?
https://www.youtube.com/@waddo