Old 11-19-13, 04:40 PM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Alekhine
I've heard the same complaint from vegetarians I know who absolutely mind their own business about it and act in the same way I'm talking about, but get all sorts of arguments, assumptions, and baloney thrown at them the moment it's discovered that they are vegetarian. C'est la vie!
And yet you knew they were vegetarians and have called them such? They may not advocate for the Animal free diet but they can be put in that box and accept being called vegetarian. Just as a cyclists should be able to live with being a cyclists. Somehow the difference is always noticed. If it is not noticed then the person isn't "living" it or as they say walking the walk.

If someone has the desire to post on Bicycling forum, and then move into an even smaller circle and join a car free/car light thread, it seems counter productive to complain that someone just might consider them a Cyclists. To a degree I have to think someone that has maneuvered themselves into such a company of cyclists and then complains that they are identified as a cyclist by people than know them need to read the words of the "Bard" more closely, "The Lady doth protest too much."