View Single Post
Old 08-25-14, 07:20 AM
bmthom.gis

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 4 Rival; 2014 Cannondale Trail 7 29; 1972 Schwinn Suburban, 1996 Proflex 756, 1987(?) Peugeot, Dahon Speed P8; 1979 Raleigh Competition GS; 1995 Stumpjumper M2 FS, 1978 Raleigh Sports, Schwinn Prologue

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I usually pack - my lunch normally consists of a sandwich, alternating between turkey and ham (occasionally roast beef), a few different kinds of fruit, greek yogurt, and maybe a snack of something later. Sometimes I'll have oatmeal once I get into the office. I try to keep a desk drawer stocked up with various snacks - granola bars, peanut butter crackers, and whatever else i can find that is non perishable. If nothing strikes my fancy, I just have an excuse to hop on my bike and pedal to the coffee shop and pick something up there.
I try to keep the left overs for a later week dinner when neither the wife nor I feel like cooking.

I have a lunch cooler that fits perfectly in one of my panniers, and I put shoes/clean clothes in the other one. An ice pack or two and it does the trick for me. I like to eat a bigger lunch/space it out throughout the day if I can. Sometimes I just want to eat the whole thing at once. I try to save my sweet tooth for breakfast (I read somewhere it is better to eat the sweets early so you don't crave them so much later).

Last edited by bmthom.gis; 08-25-14 at 08:09 AM.