Thread: Smoke Season
View Single Post
Old 07-01-21, 09:43 AM
cthenn

Bikes: 2023 Canyon Aeoroad CF SL, 2015 Trek Emonda SLR, 2002 Litespeed Classic, 2005 Bianchi Pista, Some BikesDirect MTB I never ride.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 89 Posts
For the time being, the wind direction has been SW, so let's hope it continues. Once we get the offshore flow, all of that smoke will be coming right down on top of us. Those fires up north, even into BC will be getting way worse before they get better, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the continued robust marine layer and onshore winds. Also have to hope for a few systems to move through the area and help extinguish some of the fires, not likely in CA, but possible in the PNW and BC.

I was able to buy a case of N95 "cool flow" valved masks. These work better than standard N95's for riding, and are more easily available now that people aren't hoarding them for Covid. Last year I had a couple of old ones I used over and over, they got pretty crusty by the end of the season lol.

Sad that there is now a reliable "fire/smoke" season in which the air quality is downright dangerous for 3-4 months every year...