View Single Post
Old 10-30-22, 11:14 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2495 Post(s)
Liked 739 Times in 523 Posts
Originally Posted by Murray Missile
Our T900 came with 26 X 1.75 Bontragers, other years may have spec'd different tires. I just replaced them today with 26 X 2.0 Schwalbe Marathons and there is a noticeable difference in both ride and perceived pedaling effort. The bike rides smoother and feels like it rolls much easier.
Nice. Our T900 (2015? Last year they made them) came new with Bontrager 2.0" which I didn't trust and the store wouldn't do take-off's so I ordered a pair of Schwalbe 'Big Apple' 2.0 to do my own swap. To this day the Schwalbes sit in the garage unmounted! The Bonties have been amazing. Four straight years without a single flat and we are on that bike every single day commuting through downtown Portland, OR with shopping and errands on the weekends. Flatted in the 5th year and I thought they were done. Nope. Not yet apparently. One additional flat since then. I haven't had any reason to consider bigger than 2.0. I have 2.4 on a cargo bike but I doubt the T900 could go any bigger than 2.0 and still mount fenders. We've got to have fenders. YMMV. Funny enough, one of our other tandems is a Raleigh Coupe (2005) which was the 700C flatbar (converted to drops 2007) road companion to the Companion in those days.
Likes For Leisesturm: