View Single Post
Old 10-03-22, 04:04 PM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4260 Post(s)
Liked 1,364 Times in 945 Posts
Originally Posted by mdarnton
Well, yeah..... and I'm still thinking about it. But this thread is making me wonder whether it's worthwhile because so many of the responses, proportionally, are speculative rather than substantive.
What are you expecting cameras would do for you?

I don't think they do anything at-all for preventing issues (this is where the "wishful" thinking comes in). A flashing light will do much more and for a whole lot less money and fuss.

There's a fair amount of support (here and on YouTube) that they are useful for documenting issues. There's some support that they can be useful as evidence for involving law enforcement. This doesn't always work (nothing is perfect) but it's better than not having a recording. It's close to pointless to "tattle" on offenders without video evidence.

Give that, for most people, incidents are rare, it would be hard to decide for individuals whether they would be "worthwhile". It's a bit like insurance: the point is to never need it but, if you need it, it's nice to have.

Most people manage without having cameras. Decent ones are not cheap and require some fussing with (recharging, certainly). Outside of this, there isn't any downside to them. They are clearly worthwhile for some.

Last edited by njkayaker; 10-03-22 at 04:23 PM.
Likes For njkayaker: