View Single Post
Old 10-04-22, 12:01 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,585 Times in 2,344 Posts
Originally Posted by JW Fas
One detail that is often overlooked in the US (mainly because people don't know) is the following: In the absence of physical contact between one automobile and another vehicle or person, police won't investigate unless the accuser can visually identify the driver. That doesn't necessitate the use of a camera, but it increases your chances of success dramatically.In the example below the BMW driver (what a surprise, right?) was ticketed because of the video evidence. Had I not possessed cameras, what were the odds I would've been able to see the driver's face and/or license plate given how fast he overtook me? If by some miracle my eyes were able to see both AND the cop was willing to investigate based on my sole eyewitness testimony, the registered owner would've simply denied wrongdoing. That would have been the end of that. Instead, the cop was able to bring up the YouTube video on his phone and show it directly to the driver. At which point the guy couldn't deny it, so he tried to play ignorant by saying he was unaware of the KS 3-foot passing law.
yeah ppl just aren't willing to decelerate or use the brakes