urbanknight
Over the hill

Bikes: Giant Defy, Giant Revolt

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 998 Post(s)
Liked 1,206 Times in 692 Posts
Originally Posted by raqball
I am retired Law Enforcement and video is invaluable. Not only for investigative purposes but in also in court. These anti-camera people have their mind made up and they'll jump through whatever mental gymnastics they need to in order to make them feel like their uneducated thoughts are justified.

Home security, automobile dash cams, business security camera, cameras on a bike etc. All can serve a very important function of capturing video evidence of what happened and capturing of the offender(s).. Video has helped solve countless crimes and capture numerous criminals.
I bought a dashcam after I went to turn right on a green light and a teen on a bike came flying off the curb about 15' past the crosswalk from behind a covered bus stop. I was able to stop in time, but realized I would have been placed at fault had I hit him without proof that he dashed out from a hidden place. Haven't needed evidence yet, but I'm ready for it if I ever do... plus I get some YouTube worthy clips almost weekly.