View Single Post
Old 09-03-22, 12:40 PM
seedsbelize2

Bikes: 79 Trek 930 is back on the road, 80 Trek 414, 84 Schwinn Letour Luxe,87 Schwinn Prelude, 92 Schwinn Paramount PDG 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3188 Post(s)
Liked 1,840 Times in 1,160 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Geez, fer someone that recently made a declaration about the only way to brew, you're sure not up to date on your beans and processing, are ya?

There are different varieties of beans grown in different regions, under different conditions (altitude being a big factor) and that undergo different manners of processing to emphasize desired characteristics: in addition to the common washed, dry/natural, and wet-hulled methods, "honey" processing is becoming more popular and there are folks experimenting with stuff like anaerobic fermentation.

FWIW, lately I've been in to medium roasts (but would have been considered a light roast, 'specially for espresso, a short time ago) of dry processed beans from moderate altitudes that are smooth, sweet and notably berry-forward.
I am aware that the lighter the roast the higher the caffeine, so this batch is semi-oscuro instead of the full monty. And I am aware the high elevation coffee does not agree with me. I am still motoring along on my single half-size cup from 8 this morning. Yesterday I had a second cup(instant) in the morning and had trouble getting to sleep last night.

Yes, I know all that second paragraph stuff. But RJones made it sound like they're pulling new varieties out of the air. There was a time when I had coffee growing out on the farm and I know it takes years to produce a single crop.

Last edited by seedsbelize2; 09-03-22 at 12:46 PM.
Likes For seedsbelize2: