View Single Post
Old 08-10-22, 06:22 AM
alexk_il

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
OK but what team is using linear pull brakes? Road caliper brakes are different from linear pull brakes? All of the MTB pros have been long gone from linear pull and cantilever brakes and I don't think there are any pro cyclocrossers using cantilever brakes or "mini-Vs" anymore either.
Not sure if I am motivated to follow a general discussion of the modern trends in the velo industry. Perhaps my original point that triggered your concerns was not expressed in the most concise way. I was just saying that if pros (see my link in the other post) use rim brakes, I should be more than happy to use mechanical disk brakes without going all the way up to hydraulics.

Having said so, I might be missing something bigtime here, you are more than welcome to drive me to better understand of my options for my Frankenbike. In my particular case, I am looking to use existing R7000 levers with whatever brakes are available for disk wheels with 27.5 2.2" tires. I somehow concluded that TRP Spyres with larger rotors should be good enough for non-competitive fun on rural roads with mild uphill and downhill sections. I ruled out Hy-Rd's because of the alarming number of reports of oil seals broken with Juin's.