View Single Post
Old 08-11-22, 06:44 AM
alexk_il

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
TRP makes good quality stuff and has for a long time and of course they are Tektro Racing Products and while Tektro doesn't make high end they make decent quality brakes found on a lot of OEM bikes and at a lot of shops around the globe.
I'm not aware of Tektro dual piston mechanical disk brakes that can fit my post-mount frame. Please feel free to recommend me a product, will gladly consider.

Originally Posted by veganbikes
Juin Tech and TRP are two different companies so ruling out a brake from a completely different manufacturer with a different design is absolutely silly unless we knew the overall idea was bad but disc brakes are not bad at all and mechanical and hydraulic discs are not bad.
Not sure why you generalize by saying "we", I have a pretty good idea of what to expect with Juin and Spires, the internet is full of posts describing potential issues with Spyres and Juins. Main difference is that TRP Spyres are more reliable and fully serviceable with parts available on ebay. Juins brake better as long as the seals are not leaking, which makes them an expensive and unserviceable toy in my personal book. YMMV.

But may be I'm wrong, please feel free to to provide more info on how to replace leaked seals on Juins or how to clean them when one of the pistons is stuck.