Bob Dopolina 
Mr. Dopolina

Bikes: KUUPAS, Simpson VR

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked 117 Times in 41 Posts
Originally Posted by HillRider
Well, my mix-and-match bike with 10-speed Ergo brifters/Shimano 9-speed cassette and rd/Shiftmate does work "damn fine" and is every bit as quiet and precise shifting as my other bike which is 100% 10-speed Chorus. So, other than additional cost I see no reason to go all Campy on it.

Sure, if you are starting from scratch and building a dream bike with little concern for cost buy a completely consistent set of components but don't tell me the expedients don't work. Properly adjusted they work damn fine and a poorly adjusted all-Campy Record set-up can be noisy and poor shifting.
I'm not saying these mix and match set-ups can't work in some combinations. But, like I said in my post (the part that you chose not to quote) that if you are starting from scratch, you've already committed the money, so why mix and match? It doesn't make any sense. (Unless you have a few bikes/wheels and you want to be able to swap freely, but then again if that is the case why not stay with what you already have?)

And as for "works fine". In my experience, I have heard this so many times from so many people... and then I ride with them...