View Single Post
Old 04-15-22, 06:37 PM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Liked 1,760 Times in 634 Posts
Originally Posted by Classtime
I spent another $8.80 today to build a Faux Nitto threadless stem adapter. At first I was disappointed with the 1 1/8” always obsolete threaded steerer but it turned out that 1” 6061 tubing is available locally. Now I need to source a front brake cable hanger. This bar and stem are place holders to probably make way for a shorter stem and mustache bars. The TT is 62 cm CTC which is 5 more than my ideal but it doesn’t feel bad in the garage. The saddle height is my preferred height and the saddle to bar drop is 5cm while my road bikes are 6-7. The BB on this Schwinn is really high like a Ridley CX bike. I’ve been thinking of racing again. Anyone interested in a Clunker CX Challenge?

6061 is good. Right?

XO XO XO XO?
I probably have a couple basic headset type hangers and spacers in my parts bins that I would let you have for shipping pm if interested. You could also just go with basic linear pull brake so wouldn't need a hanger cheap easy to get, cheaper easier overall setup no hanger no straddle just a short section of cable housing, cable and should work better with drop levers.

Last edited by zukahn1; 04-15-22 at 06:47 PM.