View Single Post
Old 09-18-22, 03:22 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8252 Post(s)
Liked 8,962 Times in 4,447 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
I have both, plus a lot of others. I like the Thomson for the adjustability and the solidity, but the way they make a setback post is just ugly. The AC on the Battaglin has gone at least 8000 miles without breaking. It did become loose once, so now I remember to check it.

EDIT: Because I have short femurs for the length of my legs, I tend to run my saddles pretty far forward, so zero setback posts work well for me in many cases.
I thought I broke the bolt because of my weight, plus the fact that I break things, but a friend who is 140# was breaking them and even carried an extra bolt on rides.

I was riding on Mulholland Hwy with a different friend when his broke and he fell right on a massive hematoma he had sustained a week earlier when a dog ran into him in a paceline and he flew through the air and landed on his hip. As he was writhing on the road a sympathetic motorist came by and shouted at him to "get the f out of the road". Then he had to finish the climb and ride to a friends house to borrow a seatpost with the saddle in his pocket.