phrantic09
Fat n slow

Bikes: Cervelo R3, Giant Revolt

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3251 Post(s)
Liked 2,075 Times in 975 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
I am always on the lookout for narrow shoes. BITD Sidi made an "S" which was even narrower than their usual, and fit me PERFECTLY....but they discontinued it a few years ago.

I still get SIDIs but I have to pull the velcro/belt/fastener all the way in order to get it snug.
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Try them again when you're in the market. I had some a decade ago when they were moderately wide, but after that, they went narrower, which is probably what you've tried. They've recently gone back to wider and now offer "Wide" models, in addition [not sure if they're actually wider than their normal models or if they're just higher volume]. There were some recent articles about their change in foot philosophy - https://cyclingtips.com/2022/05/spec...h-shoe-review/
Originally Posted by bampilot06
Interesting. To me the torch almost have too much room. I can move all of my toes around almost full motion. Took them out on the century today, I have to say it was the first time in my cycling career I didn’t feel the need to take my shoes off or loosen them. This is also the first time I didn’t get some form of hot foot. As mentioned above, I did feel like I might have had to much room, but maybe my XXx are just almost too tight. Just need to get some insoles for the torches and i’ll be good to go.
They really pinched the side of my feet. This was last fall with the newest dual boa Torch shoe