View Single Post
Old 03-11-23, 07:59 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,995 Times in 2,666 Posts
Originally Posted by Nachodate
It’s too bad you had the bike in your shop that long and had the steering set up incorrectly the whole time. I’ve owned a load 60 and a Bullitt and consider the cable steering on the supermarche/supercargo to be the best of them all. Once tensioned correctly, it feels just like all other steering systems, but with much better turning radius which is super helpful in tight situations.
I had to re-read what I wrote 2 years ago please don't eat my brains Nacho..lol (it is a zombie joke). The steering was set up correctly the tension was good we made sure of that and I believe at one point our Yuba rep at the time came by and checked it out as well, there was a little play which wasn't good. I am really surprised you like the steering on the SuperMarche more than the Load. Though minus steering if you say the ride of the SM is better than the Load I just won't believe it.