View Single Post
Old 03-11-23, 09:04 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,995 Times in 2,666 Posts
Originally Posted by Nachodate
To be fair, I machined a linkage to connect a suspension fork to the supermarche steering pulley, combined with a suspension seatpost and kindernay IGH… yes, the heavily modified supermarche is my favorite.

But back to the steering, there’s absolutely zero play in my setup. My Load had more play in its steering with the very tiny amount of wiggle in the ball linkages.
I want to see that. Upgrading is my favorite flavor.

All the Loads I have ridden have had zero play and we have sold quite a few and I have ridden a good number of them some of them for longer periods. I don't own one yet but it is on the list of bikes I want badly and don't need, I already have a build sheet for it to make it the perfect bike and upgrade as much as possible. There was a thread maybe here maybe in E-bike subforms about the Load 60 and someone had done some lovely upgrades which made me want to do my own. Back then though one of my co-workers had their daughter and she would frequently come to work so we would ride after work for a while. I miss those days stupid divorces and nasty parents using children as weapons and screwing them up and stupid courts siding with someone because of their gender and not because they are a fit loving parent. But I digress.