View Single Post
Old 11-27-21, 12:03 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3202 Post(s)
Liked 1,741 Times in 1,051 Posts
Good luck, OP. I’ve been struggling with knee injury and pain for 20 years, and I’m well sick of it all. I’ve had two meniscus tear surgeries in that time, and also have arthritis in the mix now. I wracked one of my knees back in August while walking around Chicago, and it’s probably another tear, but I don’t have the energy to deal with it now. I can do pretty decent on the bike, but standing and walking get miserable quickly. For now, I can’t stand the thought of surgery and recovery, so I’m just limiting my on-the-feet activity as much as possible, waiting for either disaster or a miracle. I’m in nearly constant pain, and it wrecks my mood. Sucks, and I’m basically waiting until I can’t stand the pain to get knee replacement. I hope you don’t get caught up in a similar scenario. Get your knee looked at by a doc if you can, and get the surgery done ASAP if recommended.