rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2585 Post(s)
Liked 5,648 Times in 2,924 Posts
Originally Posted by deacon mark
I am I the only person who does not use zwift? I put the bike on the trainer in the basement. It is not riding outside so the miles do not count toward any cycling situation. It it all about working out and what you get accomplished. In my case heart rate has the most important component of the work since I don't have a power meter. I don't need any special set up other than put my cycling shoes on and the Garmin on the bars. It tells my speed, HR, and cadence along with calories which I take with a grain of salt.

The reason to ride inside is to stay somewhat in cycling shape but also the problem of liking beer, donuts, and ice cream. In the middle of January in Illinois what else counts? Zwift sounds ok but I just cannot be bother I keep it simple,.
I used to have much the same opinion when I had a basic cell phone and people had these fancy ‘smart’ phones. My phone worked just fine and did what it was supposed to do make calls. Eventually it died and bought a discount smart phone and OMG I could run outdoors listening to music, take pictures, send those pictures track my speed, cadence and heart rate. Just showed I didn’t know what I didn’t know. You may very well know and your trainer is all you need but Zwift opens up a whole new worlds or worlds of involvement and improvement. YMMV

Likes For rsbob: