rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2585 Post(s)
Liked 5,648 Times in 2,924 Posts
Originally Posted by CAT7RDR
Some of us just prefer to be outdoors. In SoCal, maybe it rains 20 days a year max. I can ride my 29er in the rain no problems.

I tried a liquid trainer and watched training videos for about a year. Could only last 90 minutes max. Just plain boring and I knew I was missing out on the great outdoors.

I never got into gaming or smart phones either. I would rather see and have shared experiences with real people rather than artificial experiences. I have a smart phone but it is a PIA to ride with. I use a compact flip phone for emergencies when I ride.

Same thing with using a treadmill and hiking in the hills. Just not as effective in improving my fitness.

Have fun with Zwift if that is your choice. For me, I cannot beat being outdoors.
I would wager a bet that all of us would prefer to ride outdoors rather than inside. I know I do! You live in an ideal area for cycling, but for many this time of year it’s just not possible, so an alternative is nice. Keep riding an enjoying the outdoors for me.