Old 06-13-22, 09:28 PM
VegasJen

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 863 Post(s)
Liked 554 Times in 300 Posts
Originally Posted by Tpsfoto
So I just came back to my local bike store …..a Giant dealer and purchased Continental ultra sport three tires in 25c….. I really want to keep local bike stores in business especially this dealer who is pretty new and purchased these for $33 each ……what is kind of annoying is that I went onto Amazon and Planet Cyclery sells them for 22… shipped. Well I just did my good deed and keeping this business alive but maybe next time I need to shop online instead.
Where?
Originally Posted by Eds0123
$11 difference is almost 50% difference at this price point, either the online tyres are not the same tyres the same quality or your LBS been a bit unfair maybe? I don't know, this doesn't add up, there shouldn't be such a large price difference
Brick and mortar stores have overhead online retailers don't have. It suck with the inflation today, but these people are struggling just like you and me (well, I don't know about you, but certainly me). I will do everything I can to NOT shop Amazon. I have a laundry list of reasons why. Unfortunately, there are times when there is little alternative.