View Single Post
Old 11-12-22, 02:27 PM
georges1
Steel is real

Bikes: 1992Giant Tourer,1992MeridaAlbon,1996Scapin,1998KonaKilaueua,1993Peugeot Prestige,1991RaleighTeamZ(to be upgraded),1998 Jamis Dragon,1992CTWallis(to be built),1998VettaTeam(to be built),1995Coppi(to be built),1993Grandis(to be built)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 671 Post(s)
Liked 980 Times in 651 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
I thought it was Waterford/Gunnar's version of a custom blend of various tubing to match the rider/style.
So each frame could have had different specs. It isn't a steel, it's many varieties of tubing model and spec.

...or am I misremembering?
An article on a mosaic bike made with true temper os tubing and another thread comparing true temper os vs reynolds 753. And in 2016 True Temper exited the bicycle industry for good. Probably was the tubing in question custom made or upgraded ? I don't know. More on the subject with this good thread OS2 is OSX Platinum and here is the quote from Gunnar's website "We took advantage of these properties to develop a whole new system of tubes we call “OS2”. These tubes let us tune the ride the way we like at frame weights not possible with regular chromoly. It performs even better than the traditional tube dimensions using our air-hardening alloys It’s not just a great tubeset that makes a Gunnar. Every Gunnar is hand-built at Waterford Precision Cycles in Waterford, Wisconsin. We machine each frame with close-tolerance milling equipment to make sure each weld is clean and consistent. We use precision fixturing, aligning tools and fabrication protocols to insure that your Gunnar is straight and true, and we are blessed with talented craftspeople who are proud to build you your dream bike.." from about Gunnar But I think that Gunnar must now rely on Reynolds or/and Columbus since True Temper is gone