View Single Post
Old 03-17-23, 04:54 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2326 Post(s)
Liked 5,012 Times in 1,783 Posts
I guess I can update this again with the latest to sneak into the house.

This is a Kirk Terraplane I got my hands on for a ridiculously low price. Wasn't in the position at the time to buy another bike but the opportunity presented itself anyway.

Local find, Kuwahara Count. Never saw one before so I got it to refurbish and either enjoy or pass on. Lots of fun rides on this last year.

I've never had a Merckx so when this nicely equipped one showed up at a good price the winter I jumped on it. Still waiting for spring to give it a test ride.

I've been looking for a U.S. Flag themed Motta for years in my size. When I stumbled on this NOS beauty as a frameset I could not pass it up. Built it about a month ago with a nice 8 speed Record groupset.

Then being a fan of Oscar Freire back in the day I couldn't pass this up. Originally acquired by Tony Tom of Bike Odyssey, it is supposedly Oscar's training bike from his team he was on when he won his first WC. It's got a far amount of cosmetic wear but works beautifully on the stand. Olmo confirmed it was a team bike but have not gotten confirmation it was really Oscar's. Here again, found late last year and not test ridden yet due to a crazy winter.

Had a similar champagne brown Peugeot I rode all over Germany in the 80's. Searched for another for a long time and stumbled on this locally. It had been powder coated and then poorly refurbed. I sorted it all out, dressed 'er up a bit, threw on some tubular wheels and then enjoyed the heck out of it last summer.

Finally this was another local find. Pretty ratty when I got it, the main appeal being the Superbe parts. Plain was to strip the parts and then donate the frame to the local bike Coop. But I actually found a nice bike under the grime. So tore it all down, full service, polished up the paint and put 'er back together. It may be "too small" but man was it fun to ride last year also.