Old 06-14-20, 11:09 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
I def. need to plan better, have something more hydrating than water, and a better food source.

I bring a protein bar if I am going longer than 30 miles, and as of now just been using water.

I don’t know how to describe it, but when I start to get tired, it not from my heart rate being too high or my muscles feel fatigued or hurting. I just over all feel zapped, and hungry. I’ve yet to feel like I have to stop I just run out of time.

Ive noticed to that it seems really hard for me to keep my heart rate up even when I am working hard. If I am cranking on a straight away my leg muscles usually tire out before I am out of breath. Not sure if this makes any sense.
Just do it. You'll figure out what works for you. When I started riding metrics, I loved to stop a little more than half-way through for a can of Coke - a great pick-me-up (I didn't/don't drink soda otherwise). Oh, but pace yourself. No, no - easier than that. If you're used to 1-2 hour, moderately hard rides, go really easy. If you've got HR, stick to Zone 2. Early on, you'll probably be disgusted with how little effort that is, but the fatigue will start creepin' on you, adding up slowly, then piling on faster towards the end.