View Single Post
Old 05-19-21, 05:11 PM
BCAC

Bikes: Argon 18 Gallium, GF 29er, old Trek Madone

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 29 Posts
I went tubeless a month ago. Got a flat that didn’t seal first day at around mile 35. To be fair, there was a lot of debris on the road from a bad storm the night before. Tire wouldn’t seal, wouldn’t hold air.

Lbs got it to hold air, told me to reduce psi to 80, which I did. Two rides later, same hole flatted again. Threw a tube in, did the ride, took the bike back to the lbs and they put on another tire.

In the last 3 weeks or so since, I’ve put on around 750 miles. No mo’ problems.

Would I do it again, Well, yeah. I mean stuff happens and I’m not going to get turned off by what really was one event.

The bike is an Argon 18 Disc Di2 with carbon wheels and the original 25’s needed 125 psi. The bike isn’t designed for comfort, but my 67year body was fine with it. It really is much more comfortable with the 28’s at 80. I ride longer because I’m less tired and I think I might be a bit faster,

I buy bikes/gear from the lbs that organizes the Saturday ride. They did the tires. I was going to buy extra sealant and applicator but they told me just to bring the bike in after a Saturday ride every few months and they would top it up gratis. Cool.

Last edited by BCAC; 05-19-21 at 05:14 PM.