Old 06-13-21, 01:04 PM
Troul 

Bikes: RSO E-tire dropper fixie brifter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2,979 Times in 1,920 Posts
Grimey Ride Conditions

Not sure if I'm paying more mind to the environment conditions or if it's just that dirty out, but it seems the grit, grime, geese poo, & natures compost is collecting on the bicycle more so now than in the past few years.
I generally wipe down the equipment after each ride & look over the mechanics of things, but lately I need to do a bit more than that to "upkeep" the stuff. No big changes to the bicycle nor routes & even if using fenders, guards, mud flaps, or saran wrap, the gunk & junk just clings to everything.
Had some small "twigs", leaves, plant buds, & no longer flying insects wedged in the ders's as well as in-between the cogs. I generally ride the road & paved paths with the road bicycle. If I were rolling on the unbeaten paths or thru wooded trails [no happening with the road-b] it would be a nonissue, but that's not the case here. I'd rather expect other types of debris, such as water bottle fragments, hair ties, discarded face masks, spent candy wrappers & the such, but not picking that junk out as of late.
However, if I strictly ride on the road [with vehicles brushing close by] the aftermath is not near as bad. The minute I venture onto a paved path or road areas that are more "country" like, I can expect a frame full of the aforementioned grime.
For those that ride the road, have you noticed an increase of "cleaning" maintenance after each ride?