Revoltingest
Widely Despised

Bikes: Dahon Helios, Dahon P8, Bike Friday tandem, Ingo, Trek, Columbia, Helix

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lurker222
Thank you to those who actually answered my question. As I mentioned, I am a noob and an explanation of the even basic differences (ex: smaller wheel size = easier acceleration) were unknown to me, but very helpful to learn about.

I'm amazed that one cannot describe the differences between an SUV and a hatchback. To car noobs, it would probably be helpful to point out things like SUVs offering higher vantage points and storage space but more difficult to park than a hatchback. But I did not realize the realm of folding bikes was so vast that comparing two dissimilar folding bikes was off topic for a discussion about one of the bikes. I did not realize that comparing a 24" helix to a 26" Changebike was apples to oranges while a 20" brompton was more germane. Deepest apologies as, again, I am but a humble noob here.
Questions are good.
Ya don't know if'n ya don't ask.

Changebike is different from Helix to an extent greater than the 2" wheel size difference.
- Helix folds smaller & faster, so it's more commuter & airline travel friendly.
In this sense, it's similar to Brompton, despite a nominal 8" wheel size difference.
- Changebike offers more conventional road, hybrid & mountain bikes.
It's more comparable to Montague.
- Aesthetic features are very different, eg, bare TI vs painted AL.
Both look great at their intended uses.

Last edited by Revoltingest; 03-28-19 at 08:25 PM.